10th Annual Mtn Dew Blast
The Mtn Dew Blast will offer multiple levels at all birth levels in each division, focusing on parity. NHG will take into consideration travel distances when scheduling. Generally, teams will play one game on Friday (no games before 1:00), two on Saturday and one game on Sunday. Schedules will be available 7-10 days before the event. The Mountain Dew Blast is an Open Division Tournament and not designed for strong, established AAA programs. This is one of the largest AAA tournaments of the season and fills up quickly…so, reserve your team’s spot today!
St. Cloud Division –
The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center (home to the St. Cloud State Huskies) and the MAC play host to the Boys Open St. Cloud Division for the 10th consecutive year. The Mtn Dew Blast will offer two divisions at all birth levels focusing on parity. Great town, Great tournament – Register Now!
- April 24-26, 2020: 2012/11, 2010, 2009
- May 1-3, 2020: 2008, 2007, 2006
- May 15-17, 2020: 2005 (MAC Arena only)
Twin Cities Division –
The 8th Annual Mtn Dew Blast Twin Cities Division will off the same tournament features as in St. Cloud. This division has grown by leaps and bounds over the past few years, and plays host to over 150 teams from all over the upper Midwest. Register early!
- May 1-3, 2020: GIRLS 10U, 12U, 14U
- May 1-3, 2020: 2004
- May 15-17, 2020: 2012/11, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006
- May 29-31, 2020: NEW Boys and Girls Tier 1 High School for Class of 2021 and younger at the Super Rink! Features 3-17 minute stop time periods (Running time at 6+ goal lead) and 3 referees.
Fargo/Moorhead Division –
The Northland Hockey Group is proud to announce the 3rd annual Fargo/Moorhead division of the Mtn Dew Blast. There is much demand for this event in the area, so do not delay in registering your team!
- April 24-26, 2020: 2012/11, 2010, 2009, 2008
- May 1-3, 2020: 2007, 2006
Stay and Play
NHG has secured blocks of rooms with the best pricing and proximity to arenas used for the tournament. Teams are required to stay in these properties.
- 4 Game Guarantee; some teams may receive 5 depending on bracketing
- 3-15min stop-time periods (Running time at 6+ goal lead)
- 275+ Teams Participating
- Team trophies and Mountain Dew championship T’s
- Premier Hockey Officials
- Player rosters and tournament brackets
- On-site EMT
- Game announcers and clock operators
- Premier facilities
- Games will not start prior to 1:00pm Friday