*DUE TO MINNESOTA HOCKEY EXTENIDING THEIR SEASON THE 2012/13, 2011, 2010, & 2009 LEVELS OF THE TWIN CITIES OPENER HAVE BEEN CHANGED TO APRIL 9-11, 2021, AND THE 10U, 12U, & 14U GIRLS LEVELS HAVE BEEN CHANGED TO APRIL 16-18, 2021.
The 11th Annual AAA Opener is the first AAA Hockey Tournament of the season. Geared to get teams prepared for the upcoming season, the Opener features a four game guarantee, championship round play on Sunday with certified officials, on-site EMT’s, and posted bracketing. Kick-off the AAA season and “Let’s Play Summer Hockey!”
This is an Open level AAA tournament
Visit our SHOP for tournament and other hockey apparel.
NHG Tournament Wesbite:
Visit our NEW tournament website aaatournaments.com for all your NHG tournament results, schedules, and rosters.
Twin Cities Division:
Games will be played at the 8-sheet Super Rink and 2-sheet Fogerty Arena in Blaine, a couple of the best venues in the Midwest. The Opener features multiple divisions at each birth year for parity.
Sioux Falls Division:
Games will be played at the state-of-the-art 3 sheet Scheels IcePlex in Sioux Falls, SD. You will not miss any action as all three rinks share the same lobby – A fantastic tournament venue.
NEW @ Super Rink – The girls Division will be playing at the Super Rink in Blaine and offer multiple divisions for parity.
- Four game guarantee
- Vendor Area
- Premier Hockey Officials
- On-Site EMT
- Player rosters and game announcers
- Over 200 teams!
- Team trophies and Championship T’s
- Premier Facilities: Schwan Super Rink & Fogerty Arena (for Twin Cities Division); and Scheels IcePlex (for Sioux Falls Division)
- Games will not start prior to 12:00pm Friday
- On-site Concessions and Pro Shop
- Standings and result board posted
- A great way to kick-off the AAA hockey tournament season
- Multiple divisions at each age level for parity
Stay and Play
NHG has partnered with TPI Hospitality in securing blocks of rooms with the best pricing and proximity to arenas used for the tournament. Teams are required to stay in these properties.